More information about a Florida Vacation


Passports and Visas

passports All family members entering the USA under the Visa Waiver program need to have their own passports. It is important that, where children are included on a parentís passport, you obtain an individual passport for each child before travelling.
Full details can be found on the UK Passport Agency and US Embassy websites.

Visa Waiver Program


Entry to the United States under the Visa Waiver Programme is subject to a number of very strict conditions.

International travellers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are required obtain travel authorization under the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before boarding an air or sea carrier to the United States. All eligible travelers who wish to travel under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization by completing an application process online at

ABTA has been advised by the United States Embassy that passengers should not attempt to enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Programme if they have been arrested and or convicted of any offence whatsoever.

It should be stressed that the fact that a conviction might be spent (i.e. no longer relevant for most purposes in the U.K.) is NOT RELEVANT for the purposes of the Visa Waiver Programme or other United States visa matters. Further, the fact that an arrest may not have resulted in prosecution or a conviction is NOT RELEVANT for the purposes of the Visa Waiver Programme or other United States visa matters.

The requirements for visa-free travel are that the individual must be:

  • A Citizen of the United Kingdom, travelling on an individual Machine Readable, unexpired national or EC passport. (UK passports indicating that the bearer is a British Subject rather than British Citizen DO NOT qualify) Children must have their own passports
  • Travelling for business, pleasure or transit only
  • Staying in the US for 90 days or less.

PLUS If entering the US by air or by sea

  • Holding a return on onward ticket

OR If entering the US by land from Canada or Mexico

  • In possession of a completed form 1-94W, issued by the immigration authorities at the port of entry.

Do any of the following apply to you ?:

  1. Do you have a communicable disease, physical or mental disorder or are you a drug addict or abuser
  2. Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offence or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance or been arrested or convicted for two or more offences for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more, or been a controlled substance trafficker, or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities.
  3. Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage or in terrorist activities, or genocide, or between 1933 and 1945 were you involved in any way, in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies
  4. Are you seeking to work in the U.S.A. or have you ever been excluded and deported, or been previously removed from the United States, or procured or attempted to procure a visa or entry into the U.S.A. by fraud or misrepresentation.
  5. Have you ever detained, retained or withheld custody of a child from a U.S. citizen granted custody of the child
  6. Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa or entry into the U.S.A or had a U.S. visa cancelled
  7. Have you ever been asserted immunity from prosecution

If you answered YES to any of the above, you will need to contact the American Embassy in London BEFORE you travel since you may be refused entry.

Visa-free travel does not include those who plan to study, work or remain more than 90 days, those travellers need visas. If a US immigration officer believes that a visa free traveller is going to study or work or stay longer than 90 days, the officer will refuse to admit the traveller.


US Embassy Visa Department

Appointments for visitor or other temporary visas can be scheduled online at:

Operator Assisted Visa Information Service:

Callers within the United Kingdom should dial 020-3608-6998

Callers from the United States should dial 703-439-2367

Please note that you will be required to provide the agent with a U.K. address when scheduling the appointment.

Written information is available from:
A stamped, self-addressed envelope must accompany the request.

The Consular Information Unit
United States Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square


British Embassy

British Embassy in Washington DC


Address: 3100 Massachusetts Avenue
NW, Washington DC 20008

(1)(202) 588 6500 Embassy
(1)(202) 588 7800 Consular
(1)(202) 588 7830 British Council

(1)(202) 588 7870 Chancery
(1)(202) 588 7866 Management
(1)(202) 588 7901 Trade
(1)(202) 588 7850 Consular

Office Hours: GMT: Mon-Fri: 1400-2230
Local Time: Mon-Fri: 0900-1730

United Kingdom Embassy/Consulate Website :

United Kingdom Consular Page :

British Consulate in Orlando Florida

Address: Suite 2110, Sun Trust Center
200 South Orange Ave, Suite 2110
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone local: (407) 254.3300
international: +1.407.254.3300

United Kingdom Embassy/Consulate Website :


*All calls are billed at your telecom providers relevant 0870 & 0844 call rates. To find out the cost of calling from a service provider other than BT, contact your service provider directly; remember your service provider may have a minimum call or connection charge for all calls. Calling subject to availability. Calls are charged from the time of connection to the Just-dial service- remember to hang-up if the phone is engaged. If calling from a mobile phone remember to only press the call or send button after dialing the access number but not again after dialing the destination number. Terms and conditions apply. The service is only available to specific destinations, which can be found at Use of the service will be deemed to be an agreement to allow relevant marketing of telecom services to your telephone number. If you wish to not receive any marketing, you can register your telephone number at